Now some awesome pictures coming to us from the rovers on Mars.
More Panoramas HERE
Biggest story you missed
Companies are set to pay $8 billion to settle charges of ripping off the government. No CEOs have been charged
This year, military contractors, banks, pharmaceutical companies and other corporations might end up spending more than $8 billion in settlements with the government, the New York Times reports. Though the lawsuits include accusations of overbilling, drug marketing, selling “dangerous and defective” equipment to the military, and price and security fraud, thus far no individual within the corporations involved has been held accountable.
The Justice Department does not rule out charging executives. However, a government enforcer official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told the Times that in many cases it’s too expensive and difficult to gather the evidence needed to prosecute high-positioned individuals.
Country superstar Randy Travis is facing a felony charge for allegedly threatening to shoot a state trooper during a DWI arrest in North Texas Tuesday night, police say.
According to the Grayson County Sheriff’s Department, Travis was arrested Wednesday following a single car crash on Farm-to-Market Road 922 at Clover Road near Tioga.
Sources tell NBC 5 that prior to the crash, a call was placed to 911 by a store clerk who reported Travis had walked into a convenience store naked to buy cigarettes. The clerk said there were words exchanged and that Travis left without making a purchase.
A short time later, a second call was received by 911 saying a man was found lying in the roadway along FM 922 near Clover Road.
State troopers, responding to the 911 calls, arrived at the scene and found Travis, who refused a blood and breath test, with a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and several other signs of intoxication, police said.
Almost a year ago, there was that entertaining cell-phone photo of off-duty Daniel Day-Lewis/Abe Lincoln — in a local Virginia restaurant, no less. It was cool, but in no way does it compare to the photo released on EW today. Lewis’ outfit, for Spielberg’s upcoming Lincoln, appears on-point with the era so far as we can tell, but the truly surprising aspect is that his hair looks better than most contemporary men. And not just in that flawed, Golden Age-syndrome sort of way. This is a whole new retro.
Bodyscapes by Allan Teger. Allan uses nude bodies as the landscape backdrop for his miniature scenes. The tasteful black and white images make interesting and fun use of the nude body, sometimes in a very obvious way and other times in a more subtle way
10 Things Your Dog Would Tell You..
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.
- Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.
- You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understands your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
- Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget.
- Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative,obstinate,or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting to old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death. ♥…